This Week in AG History — February 5, 1938
By Glenn Gohr
Originally published on PE-News, 5 February 2016
A. A. Wilson (1891-1984) was an early pastor and district superintendent in the Assemblies of God who had a burden for reaching men with the gospel. Born in New Madrid County, Missouri, he was ordained in 1922. His first pastorate was in Puxico, Missouri. He later served as superintendent of the Southern Missouri District AG from 1926-1931.
While serving as district superintendent, he helped start a church in 1928 which he claimed was the first Assemblies of God congregation in Kansas City. Two years later the congregation asked him to become their full-time pastor, and he ministered there for the next 31 years. While he was pastor, the church changed locations from its original building at 13th and College streets and changed its name from Assembly of God Tabernacle to…
Vezi articolul original 399 de cuvinte mai mult