Arhiva zilnică: 11 decembrie 2017
1) Detroit was founded on July 24, 1701 by the French explorer and adventurer Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac and a party of settlers.
2) Detroit, Michigan is known as The Motor City. It received this nickname because Detroit was at one time the top automobile manufacturing city in the United States.
3) Shares the world’s first auto traffic tunnel between two nations? the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel.
4) Is home to the second tallest hotel in North America, the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center, at 73 stories.
5) Created the nation’s first soda, Vernors. It was created in Detroit by pharmacist James Vernor in 1862.
6) Was the first city in the nation to assign individual telephone numbers in 1879 (Primul oras din tara in care s-au atribuit numere de telefon individuale in 1879)
7) The city also ranks first in the nation in potato chip consumption per capita.
8) In 2013, city of Detroit owes money to more than 100,000 creditors.
9) In 2013 Detroit was facing $20 billion in debt and unfunded liabilities. That breaks down to more than $25,000 per resident.
10) The city of Detroit filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy in july 18 2013. It is the largest city municipal bankruptcy filing in U.S. history by debt. Detroit exited bankruptcy in dec. 2014, restructuring $7 billion in debt. In ultimi 2 ani au reusit sa aiba totusi un buget balantat.
11) Back in 1960, the city of Detroit actually had the highest per-capita income in the entire nation.
12) In 1950, there were about 296,000 manufacturing jobs in Detroit. Today, there are less than 27,000.
13) The city currently has just 9,700 workers, yet has 21,000 retirees drawing benefits.
14) Unemployment has tripled since 2000. As of June 2012, it’s 18.3%, which is more than double the national average.
15) Between December 2000 and December 2010, 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in the state of Michigan were lost.
16) At this point, there are approximately 78,000 abandoned homes in the city.
17) The total assessed value of property in Detroit declined by 77% over the past 50 years in inflation-adjusted dollars.
18) Since 2005, more than 1-in-3 Detroit properties — 139,699 of 384,672 — have been foreclosed because of mortgage defaults or unpaid taxes, property records show.(2015)
19) About one-third of Detroit’s 140 square miles is either vacant or derelict.
20) Detroit has witnessed 11,000-12,000 fires every year for the past decade.
21) An astounding 47 percent of the residents of the city of Detroit are functionally illiterate.
22) In the Detroit public school district, 96 percent of eighth graders are not proficient(expert) in mathematics and 93 percent are not proficient in reading. Detroit public schools had “total expenditures” of $18,361 per student”
23) For African-American students, the graduation rate was 67%, up from 57% five years ago. The dropout rate was 15.8%, down from 19.6%.
24) Less than half of the residents of Detroit over the age of 16 are working at this point.
25) If you can believe it, 60 percent of all children in the city of Detroit are living in poverty.
26) Detroit was once the fourth-largest city in the United States, but over the past 60 years the population of Detroit has fallen by 63 percent.
27) The city of Detroit is now very heavily dependent on the tax revenue it pulls in from the casinos in the city. Right now, Detroit is bringing in about 11 million dollars a month in tax revenue from the casinos.
28) 40 percent of the street lights do not work.
29) Only about a third of the ambulances are running.
30) Two-thirds of the parks in the city of Detroit have been permanently closed down since 2008.
31) The size of the police force in Detroit has been cut by about 40 percent over the past decade.
32) Its citizens wait on average more than 58 minutes for the police to respond to their calls, compared to a national average of 11 minutes.
33) The violent crime rate in Detroit is five times higher than the national average. Over 200.000 cases.
34) Detroit’s homicide rate is at the highest level in 40 years, and it has been named one of the most dangerous cities in America for more than 20 years.
35) The murder rate in Detroit is 11 times higher than it is in New York City.
36) Today, police solve less than 10 percent of the crimes that are committed in Detroit.
37) Crime has gotten so bad in Detroit that even the police are telling people to „enter Detroit at your own risk”.
38)Since 2000, the number of overdose-related deaths in Michigan has astronomically risen. In 2014 alone, the state experienced 568 opioid-related overdose deaths and 433 heroin-related deaths. Over the first 15 years of the 21st century, more than half of all overdose deaths were attributed to opioids including heroin.
39)There are hundreds of drug dealers from Detroit within Huntington city limits…if not more.
40) Over seven years(2002-2008), Kilpatrick’s (former mayor of Detroit) public corruption schemes, lavish lifestyle and ethical missteps cost taxpayers at least $20 million…
- Pray for the end of senseless murder
- Pray for competent and selfless leadership.
- Pray for healthy churches.
- Call for the restoration of fatherhood in our state. Ask that a spirit of repentance come so we may experience times of refreshing over our families.
- Bind the covenant breaking spirit, which manifests as divorce, off our state. Declared that God’s love and faithfulness be released over the marriages.(Hebrews 13:4, Hosea 2:19-20)
- Call for supernatural provision for those in financial difficulty and those who have lost jobs and homes would find work here in Michigan. We ask the Lord for financial breakthroughs for the families. Pray that our economy will prosper (Matthew 6 : 25-31, Philippians 4:19
- Pray to dry up the funding that is financing and fueling the pornography and child pornography within our state. Pray that these predators would be caught, prosecuted, and removed from society. (Ephesians 5:11, Proverbs 2:22) Pray for healing over those who have been abused by this system.
- Call upon Holy Spirit to reveal to all of the nations in our state, who Christ is as Savior. Pray all the nations receive the hope and love of our Lord Jesus Christ and to be saved.
- Ask the Lord to give visions and dreams, signs and wonders along with angelic encounters that would bring forth the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ among the all peoples of our state.
- Pray that the spirit of greed and love of money will be broken off the financial system and businesses in Michigan. We ask the Lord to raise up righteous men and women with a Joseph-type gifting into leadership helping our state through this time of recession and depression. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Pray for manufacturing, various industries, and new jobs to be brought into the state as well as the developing of new businesses creating more employment. (Proverbs 13:11)
- Pray for job creation for our youth so this exodus from our state would stop.
- To raise up righteous teachers and professors that will tear down lies being taught in the schools. Pray for boldness and protection for the Christian teachers as they speak the truth, exposing wrong mindsets and idolatrous foundations. (Psalms 51:6 John 7:15-18
- Pray that a spirit of truth overtake all serving in media be unbiased and truthful in reporting the news. Pray for new standards of righteousness and integrity within the media and all communication outlets.
- Pray that the internet will be used as a technological laborer for God’s purposes. May Christians invade chat rooms, MySpace and Facebook with God’s truth always giving an answer and reason for the hope of their calling.
- “Corruption in politics will be dealt with. God is getting ready to change things in the political realm and corruption is about to be dealt with on major levels”.