„The greatest act of leadership is mentoring…”
„What is leadership? Leadership is the capacity to influence others through inspiration, generated by a passion, motivated by a vision, birth by a conviction, produce by a purpose.”
„Leaders never seek to be leader. Every true leader in history was a reactive person, they didn’t want to be a leader.”
„Most of the leaders that you call leaders in my definition could be professional manipulators. They manipulate your fears, your need for approval, your need for recognition and they play with your feelings …” True leaders never manipulate, they inspire.”
„Ninety-five percent of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ.
Eighty percent of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
Less than two percent are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
Seventy-one percent do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.
One particular denomination did a survey on its leadership ministries. The results are as follows:
- 63% of the leadership in this denomination, including deacons and elders, have not led one stranger to Jesus in the last two years through the method of “Go Ye” evangelism.
- 49% of the leadership ministries spend zero time in an average week ministering outside of the church.
- 89% of the leadership ministries have zero time reserved on their list of weekly priorities for going out to evangelize.
- 99% of the leadership ministries believe that every Christian, including leadership, has been commanded to preach the gospel to a lost world.
- 97% believe that if the leadership had a greater conviction and involvement in evangelism, that it would be an example for the church to follow.
- 96% of the leadership believe their churches would have grown faster if they would have been more involved in evangelism.
Because of this, our results in evangelism have been mediocre, at best.
6. No one is ever raised up from the church for pastoral ministry or sent from the church into missionary service
7. There is a bottle neck in decision making.
8. The preaching has become erratic.
9. There are issues everyone knows about but no one talks about openly.
„Good leaders know that power can be seductive, and they understand their own fallibility. To be a leader and deny this is to put yourself in danger. Over the years, I’ve read about many leaders who failed ethically in their leadership. Can you guess what they had in common? They all thought it could never happen to them. There was a false sence of security…”
John C. Maxwell, Leadership Gold, p15, 16
„A leader can’t exist without people to lead—treat them well.”