„A new, 2018 Pew Research Center Reportpolled a growing group in America: “religious nones.” This group describes themselves as “nothing in particular” when asked if they identify with a specific religious group. The vast majority are ex-Christians, and most are under the age of 35. Pew asked a representative sample of these “religious nones” why they now reject any religious affiliation and provided respondents with six possible responses...”
Arhive pe categorii: Church
„Nearly one year ago, Sam Eaton, a millennial from Minneapolis, wrote a blog post detailing „12 reasons millennials are over church.” Since then, he has received thousands of hateful and angry comments. But what he wants Christians to know is that that was his love letter to the American church.
„I got a lot of hate for this,” said Eaton, an elementary school music teacher and founder of a suicide prevention ministry called Recklessly Alive. „I love the church like Christ loved the church. I want to see it prospering and I look around and I see my generation has left.” ,,
For one, millennials want to be mentored, not preached at…
„Millennials crave relationship, to have someone walking beside them through the muck. We are the generation with the highest ever percentage of fatherless homes. We’re looking for mentors who are authentically invested in our lives and our future. If we don’t have real people who actually care about us, why not just listen to a sermon from the couch?”…
Source : Christian Post
„It broke my heart.
Another church closed. This church had unbelievable potential. Indeed, it had its own “glory days,” but only for a season. But, 10 years ago, few would have predicted this church’s closure. Today, it is but another statistic in the ecclesiastical graveyard.
I know. We don’t compromise doctrine. I know. We must never say we will change God’s Word.
But many of our congregations must change. They must change or they will die.
I call these churches “the urgent church.” Time is of the essence. If changes do not happen soon, very soon, these churches will die. The pace of congregational death is accelerating.
What, then, are some of the key changes churches must make? Allow me to give you a fair warning. None of them are easy. Indeed, they are only possible in God’s power. Here are nine of them:
- We must stop bemoaning the death of cultural Christianity…
- We must cease seeing the church as a place of comfort and stability in the midst of rapid change…”Read The Full Article HERE
- Joi 13 aprilie va fi la First Romanian Baptist Church of Troy http://bisericanoastra.org/ si la Bethesda R.P. Church of Troy http://www.betezda.com/
- Duminica 16 aprilie dimineata la Bethel Romanian Church of Taylor http://betheldetroit.com/ iar seara la Hosanna Christian Church of Royal Oak http://www.hosannachristianchurch.com/
- Duminica 23 aprilie dimineața la Logos Baptist Church Chicago https://logosbm.org, iar seara la Bethany Romanian Church Chicago http://www.bethanynewsite.com
- Luni 24 aprilie la Seara de Rugăciune si Miercuri 26 aprilie la Seara de Tineret la Alleluia Romanian Church Dearbon Heights Mi http://www.alleluiaro.com/
„As far as Barna is concerned, regular church attendance is central to understanding faith practice among American adults. Whether their church is large or small, charismatic or traditional, significant numbers of Americans sit in the pews each Sunday to worship together. Despite the enormous cultural impact of megachurches and megachurch pastors like Joel Osteen and his 40,000+ Lakewood Church, the largest group of American churchgoers attends services in a more intimate context. Almost half (46%) attend a church of 100 or fewer members. More than one-third (37%) attend a midsize church of over 100, but not larger than 499. One in 11 (9%) attends a church with between 500 and 999 attenders, and slightly fewer (8%) attend a very large church of 1,000 or more attendees…”